Chapter #756 Activities
1.Purchased 20 movie tickets for Long Beach VA Hospital so Veterans who are there can be treated to Night Out at the movies; about five to seven Veterans go and with their escorts; the trip includes popcorn, candy and soda pop; we do this once a month and have been doing this for over 14 years.
2. Work with Vietnamese Community of Southern California; attend Meeting at the Memorial in Westminster on the 1st Sunday of every month -"Less We Forget" our Fallen U.S and South Vietnamese Veterans. Dinner sponsored by the Vietnamese Veterans a "Welcome Home Event" in Westminster that was an event in November 2018.
3. Donated food cards to Fisher House program at the LBVA.
4. Chapter donates to: Patriots and Paws (who support Veterans with furniture and house hold goods ); Air Force Sergeant Assoc. ; Veterans Service Officers at Long Beach VA [thank you Karen and Arron], Vets to Vets (PTSD group) at the Long Beach VA.
5.Attended meeting with #1024 and flag raising and picnic.
6. Veterans Parade in Long Beach Nov. 12th,2018, Terry Geiling Chapter member will be Grand Marshal of Veterans Parade.
7.Donated to a needy family from the 13th MEU, were homeless at one time , Marine injured during exercise drill with head injury and VSO Officers Aaron will help and review this case to help them out.
8.Diaper and wipes drive and toys on going for the 13th MEU Marines from Anaheim , Marine Unit now deployed in Afghanistan and supporting mothers of the new born infants with diapers and wipes.
8. Helping support Gold Star Manor the Mothers and Fathers of lost ones in Long Beach, food cards during the Holidays.
9. Westminster Art Contest "Price of Freedom" and Woodbridge High School " Patriotic Art Contest" were very successful
10. Sponsored a outing for five to six Veterans who live at the Long Beach Hospital VA Community Center to Knotts Berry Farm and a chicken dinner at Knotts .
11. Support our Fallen: Willie Wong Founding Officer of our Chapter, Dave Chappell our Secretary this year; and those on sick call.
Next Meeting : January 3rd, 2019
Remember a new membership is only $50.00 for life membership. Applicants need to bing a DD-214. We ask all members to just bring in one new member each.
Membership increased to over 157.
Please Join Us in Our Endeavors.
May God Bless Us All