Chapter #756 Activities
1. Purchased 20 movie tickets for Long Beach VA Hospital so Veterans who are there can be treated to a Night Out at the movies. About five to seven Veterans go along with their volunteer escorts. These outings also include popcorn, candy, and soda pop. We do this once a month and have been doing this for over 14 years.
2. The Chapter continually works with the Vietnamese Community of Southern California; and participates in the Vietnamese Memorial at Freedom Park in Westminster, on the 1st Sunday of every month. “Lest We Forget" our Fallen.
3. Donated food cards to the Fisher House program at the LBVA.
4. Chapter 756 is donating and supporting:
· Patriots and Paws [which supports Veterans]
· Air Force Sergeant Assoc.
· Anaheim 13th Marine Expeditionary Unit
· Vets to Vets [PTSD group] at the Long Beach VA.
5. The chapter provided a Color Guard at The American Gold Star Manor Memorial Day Event and supported the Del Valle Park Memorial Day Event in Lakewood.
6. Chapter President [Conrad Gomez] received Honors from the City of Lakewood’s Mayor in the form of a “Certificate of Recognition” in honor of his service and positive impact in the community and beyond. Our President also received a “Certificate of Recognition” from the California Legislature Assembly as a "Lakewood Hometown Hero" from the Speaker of the Assembly District #63. In addition, the Chapter received Honors as the Outstanding Chapter of the Year while the President received the "Image of Bravery Award" from the California State Council. This is significant considering that in the early years the Chapter almost folded. A great team effort by all.
7. Several chapters enjoyed a great picnic hosted by Chapters #756 and #1024, which included Chapter #s 47, 53, and 785, who joined us for a great time at Hart Park in the City of Orange.
8. The Chapter held a “Diaper and Wipes” drive for the 13th MEU Marines from Anaheim; this Marine Unit is now deployed in Afghanistan. We are supporting the mothers of new born infants with collections of diapers and wipes. Unfortunately, one Marine has been reported as lost.
8. The Chapter helps support Gold Star Mothers and Fathers in Long Beach with food cards and gas cards.
9. We work with CAP [Civil Air Patrol] at the Joint Forces Training Base Los Alamitos, CA.
10. The Chapter is looking to work with the Lakewood Sheriff Department in assisting the incarcerated.
Membership increased to over 157.
Please Join Us in Our Endeavors.
May God Bless Us All