IMPORTANT PHONE NUMBERS
1. Agent Orange Helpline (800) 749-8387
2. Chemical Exposure Helpline (800) 749-8387
3. Homeless Veterans (877) 424-3838
4. Suicide Prevention Hotline (24/7) (800) 784-2433
5. Veterans Crisis Line (24/7) (800) 273-8255 *Press 1)
6. Telecare Nurse Advice Line (24/7) (877) 252-4866
7. Alcoholics Anonymous (562) 989-7697
8. Legal Aid Foundation (562) 435-3501
More Senior Health Resource Sites from Jim Vogel of Elderaction.org
It can be difficult for seniors to maintain their social lives as they age, especially if they live alone. This is a great resource for supporting them to stay active socially.
This is a given - it’s important for our elders to make sure their homes are a safe environment.
This is great - it’s got exercises for people of all abilities, and even includes helpful videos.
I appreciate that this explains the kinds of apps seniors should have on their mobile devices rather than listing specific apps (which may or may not stick around).
My mother loves to read and hosts a monthly book club - she actually referred me to this great resource. (Actually, it’s been a great way for her and my dad to avoid feelings of isolation!)
[Click on the above and see page 4.
But, enjoy the remainder of the newsletter, especially the battle for Camp Carroll "Dusters at Camp J.J. Carroll.]